What do Indie Authors have to know about SEO?
Just a few short links this morning. This stuff gets technical real fast. But if you had any questions, this might be a simple grounding...
- This is a good approach to the subject - like an introduction to give you a purpose for reading about this stuff at all.
- SEO for Authors; Is Your Book 'Findable' Online?
If you want to sell your book online, it must be easy to find. In this week's guest post, Bob Baker shares the latest research on where b...
- This link gives simple overview explanations and a great list of glossary terms (so you don't get so glossy-eyed when you read about it.)
- Author Blogging 101: Simple SEO for Authors, Part 1 - The Book Designer
Author Blogging 101: Simple SEO for Authors, Part 1 describes the basic elements of SEO that authors need to understand
- Here's a hard-core FAQ (now that your "pump is primed" in this area) and will start answering a lot of questions you may have.
- What You Need to Know About SEO | Nathan Bransford, Author
Guest Post by Rick Daley Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is critical in modern marketing. Any author trying to sell books should be fami...
- The KISS approach is outlined in this article - your "call to action" as it were.
- 6 Simple SEO Tips for Authors blogging to build their author platform - The Book Designer
Lots of authors blog now, but blogging isn't just about writing. There's no way to avoid the technology side of blogging. Although you ca...
- But having done this stuff for years, I can say that it's a bottomless pit, a real tar baby to get stuck to. Because the search engines and spammers are constantly making things change.
Key points are 1) Having valuable content, and 2) Using phrases in your title and copy which people are normally associating with that type of content, 3) Sharing the love by linking to people who you find have valuable content related to yours.
A caveat: Google has information seekers. Amazon has buyers. What works for Google isn't exactly the same for Amazon. But if you set your book up in the title right, Google will send buyers to Amazon.
And the million sellers don't care a whit about SEO, btw. Check out John Locke and Amanda Hocking ( storify.com/robertworstell/...) for yourself. (Just sayin'...)
- - - - -And a video:
- Now for some recommendations from the Twitterverse:
- SEO for Authors: Don't Get Left Behindblog.bookbaby.com/2012/12/s...
- Author Blogging 101: Simple SEO for Authors, Part 1buff.ly/FQjIRC via @jfbookman
- RT @kristeneckstein: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)101 for Authors--> ht.ly/ge6P7
- SEO for Writers – Why Search Engine Optimization matters for Writers and Authorsblog.bookbaby.com/2011/10/w...
- SEO For Authors – The Huge List of Critical Tips, Hold the BS bit.ly/TaeBFs
- RT @WritersCentreAU: Don't think authors need to worry about SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)? Think again. ow.ly/gbrJP
- My years of experience with SEO are (mostly) in this book - and an update is coming soon (just needs formatting, honest.)
- The Online Sunshine Plan by Robert C. Worstell (Paperback ... - Lulu
Nov 27, 2011 ... Buy The Online Sunshine Plan by Robert C. Worstell (Paperback) online at Lulu CA. Visit the Lulu Marketplace for produ...
- Luck to us all!
Post a Comment